Just a reminder about the Mini-contest being held- [link] Ending next Sunday, the 30th of September
There shouldn't be any more problems submitting to the contest folder, just let me know if there is.
And if anyone has volunteered for judging (listed below) can they continued to read the rest of this post as that's what I'll be talking about.
Judges (just let me know if you want to volunteer, it's not too late) What judges will be asked to do:
- Read EVERY entry submitted to the mini-contest folder (this is so they will be able to make a fair decision when it comes to deciding on winners)
- Feedback on how long judges think this will take would be appreciated. Right now I'm hoping to have the results for the contest up two weeks after the closing date at the latest.
- My idea for deciding on winners is that every judge after reading all the entries will post their top three (numbered) in the journal to be posting after the contest.
- They won't need to justify their decisions, but they are free to comment on the submitted entries with what they liked.
- The entries that get the most votes (depending on first, second or third) will be the winners and will be posted in the journal along with their entry.
- Judges shouldn't vote for who they think should be runners up. That's going to be decided by looking at the four entries to get the most votes after first, second and third place (yes there's going to be four runner-ups)
- I'm saying judging will be done publicly, but I'd like to here others thoughts on this. If enough people ask, decisions can be made through notes instead of public comments.
I'd really like to hear people's thoughts on this method of judging either way. And if any of the judges listed don't think there going to be able to cope with all the responsibilities, they can ell me and I'll remove them from the list.
Other than that, can judges post on this journal by the time the contest ends next week? It's just to check your involvement and help prevent delays when it comes to the results because we're waiting around for decisions to come in from people who've lost interest.
I hope this helps clear some things up for people. If some of this doesn't make sense to someone, just point it out and I'll be happy to try and explain things better.
I have to see I'm very happy to have so many entries and so much interest in the contest already
Good luck everyone